Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:20 — 20.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Empowering the next generation of female leaders with a leader… A very inspiring woman, who is empowering the next generation of female leaders with her passion. Enhanced by her organization, and her leadership in the community.
Jennifer Shiley, founder of See Her Lead now Love Progress Park, an MBA inspired leadership program headquartered near Charlotte NC with the vision to see all girls live with the courage to lead, and chairs the board of the Sonny Carter Foundation serving communities by enhancing the visibility, education, and advancement of individuals facing social and socioeconomic inequalities.
Shiley teaches all grade levels, meets and speaks with youth groups, advocates for the LBGTQ plus community, and Coaches the See her lead Davidson lead group. She holds a Masters of Education from Kutztown University as well. And 2 bachelor’s degrees from Bloomsbury University in Education and Psychology.
Why empowering the next generation of female leaders?
A girl guiding study recently found that 63% of 7 to 10-year-old girls feel confident in themselves. Only 31% of 17 to 21 year old feel that way. Only a small percentage believing that they have an equal chance of succeeding compared to their male colleagues.
What we are covering on this Show
- Tell us a little about yourself.
- Where did the vision and idea for See her lead now progress park come from?
- What’s the vision and the message?
- What have you seen as it relates to the benefits (mentally, emotionally, social) of all the young ladies that are selected to participate each year?
- Describe some of the characteristics and qualities that make a good leader?
- What helped you decide the age range for the groups?
- What does mental fitness mean to you and how do you stay mentally fit?
- Let’s talk about your upcoming event .
- How can people support your organization and get involved?
OR WATCH IT ON TRACY YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE
VISIT “LOVE PROGRESS PARK” WEBSITE HERE