Back to school, it is that time of the year when kids are heading back to school. Some may even be in school already, but this is a BIG transitional period for a lot of people so today I wanted to do a show for my parents out there so that we can take a closer look at what your kids may be feeling and how to begin to understand some of their feelings and emotions, how to help them understand their feelings and emotions and how to address some of the behaviors you may be noticing.
Think about it for yourself as parents. Transitions whether going into a new space or place for the first time, or for the first time in a long time can cause a little stress and anxiety for you, so imagine what your kids are feeling and some of them don’t even know how to put a label or word to it yet.
Things that can cause kids to act anxious but they might not have the words for:
- Going back to school
- Entering into a new setting
- Past traumas (bullying in school or online)
- Making new friends, being the new kid
- Feeling excluded (every kid knows when they aren’t invited to something
- Kids may be picking up on your anxiety as a parent……
Things to pay attention to as a parent: